thought this was too good not to pass along... first: a cute picture of rosalea and her new short haircut (she LOVES a short haircut). second: a list (you KNOW i love a list) from john piper (you KNOW i love john piper) about things Christian parents should do (from the end of this article)...
* Let there be much spontaneous celebration verbally of every hopeful sign of life and goodness in our children.
* Let us forgive them often and be longsuffering.
* Let us serve them and not use them.
* Let us lavish them with joyful participation in their interests.
* Let us model for them the joy of knowing and submitting to the Lord Jesus.
* Let us apologize often when we fall short of our own Father’s requirements.
* Let us pray for them without ceasing.
* Let us saturate them with the word of God from the moment they are in the womb (the uterus is not sound proof).
* Let us involve them in happy ministry experiences and show them it is more blessed to give than to receive.
* Let them see us sing to the King.
- Let us teach them relentlessly the meaning of the gospel in the hope that God will open their eyes and make them alive. It happens through the gospel (1 Peter 1:22–25).
and speaking of lavishing them with joyful participation in their interests... we found an accordion for millie! also note the feathers in her hair. it is the latest in coolness. which is why i don’t have any in my hair. because i am the earliest in coolness. and then a photo of millie in her element. in the honda element, our third car...