happy friday...

today is friday (see i told you i had little brain activity left) and i am going to atlanta to take two children back to their home (the two boys in all the below photos that are not typically in our family photos, except during the summer time) and then on to north carolina to take two children to camp for two weeks (my two eldest children).

then i will take two tylenol and call you in the morning after i had two naps. and two cups of tea. because i am two tired twoday. 

last night as we were packing up and doing laundry, that teenage boy pictured below realized that he couldn’t find his cell phone. so we commenced on a two hour cell phone hunt and tore up this house to no avail.

when i threw my weary phone hunting body into bed it was almost 1 a.m. (i was trying to get one last load of laundry done and folded). then at 1:30 a.m. that same eldest boy was beside my bed and he spoke the words that NO parent wants to hear at 1:30 a.m. (of course there are NO words that anyone wants to hear from a child at 1:30 a.m.), but especially not these words...

he spoke, “maxx is throwing up........ a lot”.

and truer words were never spoken by a teenage boy.

maxx had thrown up.... a lot. 

maxx NEVER throws up. like once or twice in his life and both times directly into the toilet, not ALL OVER his bed and room. it was horrible. 

i rushed a wide eyed maxx into the shower, set up josiah a bed in the playroom so he could go back to sleep. and begin stripping the bed and trying not to throw up..... a lot. adam realized that there was some activity and roused himself, began helping, and said not a word. 

i tried to talk to him to ask if he had seen josiah’s cell phone (he had gone to bed before josiah made that revelation about his phone) and adam said, “shhh, no talking.” he silently cleaned up his part. i started the first of three loads of laundry of sheets, comforter, blanket, pillows, bedskirt, etc.... adam wordlessly finished cleaning the floor and went back to bed. i love how a man can get up, ask no questions, want no explanations, clean up vomit, and be back asleep in 5 seconds flat.

i fussed over maxx, took his temp (he was normal as could be) and finished up two out of three loads of laundry. i set the last load outside (because it STUNK) and went to be around 3 a.m. then i woke at 5 and switched out the last load of laundry and went back to sleep until 7 a.m. just in time for load #3 to go into the laundry.

see why i have no brain cells left? we are leaving this morning for atlanta. i do have a greene girl (sarah) going with me, so in case i am too tired to drive, she can take over. but i should be fine. 

we had fun with the kids this week. i will post photos of our activities later. 

i won’t post photos of the throw up... a lot. i have enough brain power to know that would be wrong... a lot of wrong.